Last revised 06-18-2015
Black Tie is dedicated to providing a mutually enjoyed experience for our Organizations, Players and Golf Clubs. We understand your personal information is of value and important and we take the privacy of our user’s very seriously. All reasonable measures are taken to ensure that the privacy of Content is protected.
We collect and store a variety of information you submit to the Site or give us in other ways as described below. Some is information is personal and some is not. The information we collect is utilized for security and login; membership and processing of billing; the creation of custom user profiles that are meaningful and rewarding for the user; to improve the Site and, most importantly, to improve your user experience. Personally identifiable information (“PII”) is never sold or provided to advertisers. Black Tie respects the privacy of our users’ information. There are also very limited circumstances where we may be required to share certain PII (such as when required by law) these situations are described in Use of PII.
- “Personally Identifiable Information” (or PII) defined.
- Information such as your name, email address, image, or information that can be used to identify you when combined with other information, is “personally identifiable information.”
- Collection of PII.
- During the registration process we may collect your name, email address, date of birth or other PII.
- We may occasionally ask you for other PII, such as contact information (mailing address and phone number) or demographic information (zip/postal code or region, hometown, gender, or education level). We may ask for this information from you in order for you to use the Site beyond just browsing, such as when you register for your Account, or for other purposes which we will disclose to you at the time we collect such PII.
- Information that is not PII.
- Information that is gathered when you visit the Site is not necessarily PII. Information that doesn’t identify you personally, such as your IP address, operating system, browser type and language, date and time of your visit, ISP, referring URL, the search term that led you to the Site, your geographic region, the type of content you view, etc. is not PII.
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information about how you use the Site; we may also use standard Internet tools, such web beacons or cookies, which collect non-PII and track your use of our website. This information is not PII.
- Opt-out of PII collection.
- You are not required to provide PII when visiting the Site, however many of the features of the Site may not be available to you if you choose not to create an account or, at other times, not to provide certain requested information.
Use of PII
We use the PII requested at registration to provide you the services offered on the Site, including image, photo, video and audio hosting and sharing. We will only share your PII with third parties in extremely limited circumstances. Black Tie may disclose your PII: (a) when we are legally required to do so; (b) to protect the interests or safety of the Site, Black Tie or Site users; (c) to another company if we are bought.
- Improving the Black Tie experience.
- Our goal is to provide you with the best user experience possible. We may provide non-personal information to analytics companies, affiliates, trusted partners and third parties in order to help us improve your experience by understanding how you use the Site.
- Black Tie will never provide your PII to an advertiser when you interact with or view an advertisement. Black Tie may target advertising based on personal information provided by users as well as from site usage. Your PII, however, is never provided or sold to advertisers. Information used by advertisers may include gender, age, geographic or other data. Note that by interacting with or viewing an advertisement on the Site you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser may assume that you meet the criteria used to display the targeted advertisement.
- By using the Site you consent to Black Tie sharing non-personal information we collect from you and other users with advertisers, affiliates, trusted partners and third parties so that they display advertising of interest to users of the Site. We may anonymously aggregate your PII with information from other users and use and/or share the resulting non-PII with third parties. In doing so we will make your information non-personally identifiable by removing any characteristics that would identify it as you including your name.
- Your email address.
- Black Tie uses your email address to contact you regarding your account. Black Tie will also send you marketing and promotional materials about Black Tie, the Site, and other services.
Public Information on the Site
Certain activities that you choose to participate in on the Site may be public. This includes, but is not limited to, linking your account with other social media platforms, and clicking through to other sites or to advertisements.
A brief explanation of some forms of information that may be displayed publicly is found below:
- Clicking through.
- Our Site may feature advertisements served by others to our Site. Advertisers and ad servers may utilize their own cookies, web beacons, or pixels. Advertisers and ad servers may also collect non-PII such as your IP address and your viewing habits of the advertisement. Black Tie is not responsible for these cookies or any data collected through use of these cookies, web beacons, or pixels. The advertisement service providers are solely responsible for the information they collect and how they use that information.
- Users outside of the United States.
- Users must be age 18 or older.
- You may not register to use this Site if you are under the age of 18. Black Tie will never knowingly open an account and collect personal information from children under the age of 14. The parent or guardian of any child believed to have opened an account and provided us with personal information in violation of this policy may contact us to delete the account and any such information.
- Changes to this policy.
Black Tie takes the protection of your personal information very seriously. We utilize reasonable and appropriate security measures to help protect the information under our control. All third-party vendors working with us are carefully screened to ensure the security of your data and personal information. Our data storage partners are regarded as having among the highest security standards in the industry. However, no Internet data transmission can be guaranteed to be completely secure.
- We make every effort to ensure the security of your communications on our systems through the use of physical, organizational, and technological safeguards. All measures taken to protect your personal information are relative and appropriate to the sensitivity of such information. All safeguards are designed to protect against unauthorized use access, disclosure or use of the personal information collected on the Site. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, we cannot warrant that the information you transmit to us will stay safe and secure. All information provided to us is provided at your own risk.
- Black Tie may store your information, in whole or in part, on equipment or in facilities leased or licensed from other vendors or entities. We rely on the safety and security statements of such vendors with regard to their storage equipment and services. By using the Site, you agree that Black Tie is not responsible for any issues related to the storage equipment and services of other vendors or entities, including, but not limited to, the release, loss or corruption of your data. You also agree that you will seek remedy from the vendors or entities for any such issue and not Black Tie.
Personal Information Retention
We will only retain your personal information so long as it is necessary for the purposes it was collected, for the products and services that you use, or to meet any and all legal requirements. Our retention standards meet these requirements. Your personal information will be deleted when it is no longer needed for any of these purposes.
- see personal information that you have sent us in order to correct or update it, or delete your personal information from our files;
- if your child has opened an account and sent us personal information and you would like to delete that personal information from our files;
- ask that we not send you mailings or otherwise contact you; or
you can contact us at: